Simple Meaning

Monday

On Space

I observed a woman lean over a school boy today, in order to get a better glimpse at the subway map situated above his head. He was uncomfortable, naturally. She was intruding his personal space. I could identify with him, since I have been in his position several times, but what is personal space anyway? Do people intrude into our personal space becaue they occupy the space in front of us, or are there other reasons that prompt this discomfort? I have observed people involved in conversations, while others read maps above their heads and they seemed unphased. Isn't the difference then in awareness, or self-awareness? I think it's not about the other person crossing a barrier that naturally exists, but rather a barrier that we create on our own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home