Simple Meaning

Wednesday

On the Mind

My latest mind puzzle evolves around the idea of loving without an object. I derived this idea from Thoreau, of course, given that he's been slowly penetrating my thoughts - and his writings inspired me in turn to begin this journey.

Initially, I couldn't wrap my brain around this concept, although I don't think of myself as someone who can love, only with a goal in mind. I don't even think of myself as a loving person, living in the world that we do now. Not only is the word overused, but certain New Yorkers cannot think, act on, or feel love without the confines of time or quantity. I think once we grasp the idea of a timeless meaning in our lives, we can work towards eliminating the act of quantifying love, and truly realize the potential of loving. But as it is with all true states of being, it is not simply realized and will never be achieved.

2 Comments:

  • Can I still be an object of your affection even when you learn to love without an object?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13  

  • ...creepy

    By Blogger Tara, at 10:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home