Simple Meaning

Tuesday

New York City From my Window

Photo Credit: Alex

I work in an office with four people, including myself. The atmosphere is very pleasant and although work can be overwhelming at times, I do have a lot of freedom - enough so to have a blog. We have a marvelous view over Central Park in its entirety, and on a clear sunny day it is quite beautiful to watch the clouds sail across the sky.

Although the city looks peaceful from 40 floors above, it is clearly just an illusion. While staring at the grids created by office and apartment buildings on the Upper East Side, I involuntarily hear taxis honking, people chit-chatting away on their cell phones, and what looks like an animated toy city fully comes to life in my imagination. It is almost impossible to think of New York City without picturing a hectic city that is sometimes not as pleasant as it appears from my window.




3 Comments:

  • I can relate! I work on the farm in North Dakota. There are four hourses and 3 pigs here including me. The atmosphere is very pleasant. We get along very well. Watching the clouds on the sunny day is the only offical form of entertainment in our state. I would like to visit NYC but I dont think Lidia (my favorite horse) will make it that far.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13:03  

  • I am really looking forward to your stories from the Big Apple.

    Great building! Is that yours?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17:15  

  • This is not my buidling, but a friend of mine took this picture and I thought it was fitting with my overall mood.

    By Blogger Tara, at 21:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home